If you’re looking for quality air conditioning maintenance, then you’re going to need to sign up for a quality maintenance plan. Air conditioners don’t last forever, and their problems usually require expensive AC repair in Clive, IA. Problem is, due to diagnostic fees, repair costs, and labor costs, maintenance can get pricey if you’re not looking ahead.
Fortunately, most HVAC contractors include a maintenance plan for homeowners who are trying to get ahead of the game. Thing is, every maintenance plan is going to be different–so we’d like to talk a bit about what makes a great maintenance plan. A great maintenance plan will ensure you pay the lowest amount of money for the highest return value on your air conditioner.
So, what should you be on the lookout for?
Quality and Longevity
The purpose of a maintenance plan is not just to fix problems that come up with your air conditioner. It’s also meant to get the longest lifespan out of your AC system so that you get your money’s worth. This doesn’t just mean repairs, but also tune-ups, filter changes, and refrigerant re-charges to make sure that your AC isn’t having trouble. That being said, let’s get into the specific parts of a maintenance plan that could help you reach this desired longevity for your AC system.
- Yearly Tune-ups. A great maintenance plan will always contain a set tune-up that should happen typically before the cooling season. This can clue you into any upcoming problems or repairs that need to be done before you’re using your system at full capacity.
- Peace of Mind. This is really what you’re paying for when you sign up for a maintenance plan. A great plan gives you the ability to relax and not have to think about your AC, since that should be the job of the professionals. If there’s a spot missing on your maintenance plan that gives you anxiety, it might be worth looking for one that gives you full peace of mind.
- Service Repair Discounts. Repairs will have to be made in the lifespan of your air conditioner. The difference is, with a quality maintenance plan, it’s good to look for a discount on repair services since finding out about a problem early makes it easier for a technician to fix it without being rushed. For example, our gold and platinum plans provide a 10% off service repair discount.
- Priority Service. This is an important one. If you’re paying for a maintenance plan, you’d like to be able to call a technician at any point in the day for service repairs. What’s the point of that extra payment if you don’t get the attention when you need it?
- Diagnostic and Equipment Savings. Diagnostic fees and equipment use fees are fairly standard in the industry. It takes time and expensive materials to diagnose a problem with your AC system. This is why a trustworthy contractor will offer savings in their fees for a maintenance plan member.
Maintenance plans serve two main functions–to save you money and to make it easier for technicians to find problems with your AC early on.
Sign up for our maintenance plan that includes everything on this list. Call Schaal Plumbing, Heating and Cooling today!